Junk Revolution Community » FAQs
Questions about the Community
How do I log into the community?
If you have registered, you should have received an e-mail containing your username, password, and a link to the Junk Revolution Community login page. Click the link provided in the e-mail and then enter both your username and password into their respective fields. Click "Log in" and you should be ready to go!
How often does Ki post to the Junk Revolution Community?
Ki will be in-and-out of the message boards. Expect comments from her a couple times a week.
Because of file restrictions, some files that you would like to upload to the Junk Revolution Community pages will need to be resized. If you are unable to resize photos using an application on your computer, please use the instructions below to resize your images online:
- Go to www.picresize.com.
- Locate the file you would like to resize on your computer using the "Browse" button. Once you have found the file, click "Open." Then click the "Continue" button. Your picture will now upload.
- After uploading is complete, you will be presented with options for cropping, resizing and adding effects to your photo. Follow the page instruction to edit your photo to your liking. For resizing, make sure to set your custom width to 400 pixels wide or smaller. At the bottom of the page, make sure to select "JPG" from the "Save As" drop-down menu. Then click the "Resize Pic!" button.
- The site will now resize your picture and present you with the ability to either view or download you resized image.
- Click "View Resized Image" to make sure your image has been edited the way you intended.
- Finally, use the "Click Here to Download/Save As" link to save the image to your computer. Then return to the Junk Revolution Community and post your newly resized image for all to see!
What are tags and why should I add them to my posts?
A "tag" is a word or phrase that you add to a post to let other community members quickly find your cool content. If you post a photo of a crazy junk horse made entirely of soda cans, add tags like "horse," "soda cans," and "crazy," to let people know what the photo contains. If you write a post about the cool junk shops you discovered on your trip out west, add tags like "Montana," "junk shops," and "road trip," to let people know the main themes of your posts. That way, when someone doesn't know what to do with all the left-over soda cans they collected in the backseat during their road trip to California, one of your posts or pictures will pop right up in their search and inspire them.
How do I retrieve my password?
If you leave the login password field blank, or if you have entered the wrong password, you will be forwarded to the "Log In Failed" page. At the bottom of this page there will be a "Recover Password" button. Click this button and an e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address in your account with a link to reset your password.
I forgot my username. What should I do?
If you can't remember the username you created for the Junk revolution Community, just drop us an e-mail and let us know what e-mail you used when creating your account. We'll do some digging and send you back your username.
Does the Junk Revolution Community have any rules?
A few simple rules help every community function more smoothly. Here are ours:
- Be kind, courteous and supportive!
- Please avoid posting copyrighted materials. If you find something great, post a link to the content at its original location.
- Feel free to talk about your junking store or business, but make the content unique to the users of this forum. People will appreciate the effort, and it is sure to get more attention than something that looks like spam.
Are there any subjects to avoid when posting?
We understand that religious and political views are important and we respect everyone's right to have them. We just ask that you find a community more focused on those subjects in which to carry out heated debates or speak at length about your political opinions or religious ideals. We hope you understand, and if you ever have any questions about whether or not something is appropriate for this community, feel free to drop us an e-mail.